Sunday, January 13, 2013

Breakfast at the Breen's



This morning hubby asked me that we take a day off from smoothies. He missed solid breakfasts that require chewing. Hahhaa. Luckily I have a new, healthy recipe in my arsenal thanks to Pinterest! It's SO easy and super delicious!

Southwestern Breakfast Burrito:
(Serves 2)

2 whole wheat wraps
4 egg whites
3 tablespoons of salsa
1 cup of black beans
1/4 cup of shredded cheddar
Vegetable cooking spray
Pepper to taste

Spray your pan, scramble your egg whites. Then put the eggs, salsa, beans & cheese on the tortilla. Throw that baby in the microwave for 30 seconds so that the cheese melts and eat! It was a hit with my husband and it's pretty low-cal at 359 calories. It's super filling and SO good for a change.

Tomorrow is Monday so it'll be another smoothie day. But it was really nice to sit down to actual breakfast food! Since our breakfast was REALLY late I'm thinking we'll probably skip lunch and just have an early dinner.  I'm thinking vegetable spaghetti with sausage. It's quick, easy and I have all the ingredients! Stay tuned for the recipe.

Also, I weighed in this morning and I've officially hit the 5lb lost mark! I'm really excited. This is definitely just a start but it's the start of the rest of my life... A healthier, more active, energetic life. :) Andrew and I have made the decision to "reward" ourselves when we hit the 20lb mark. We're thinking either a mini-vacation (maybe just a weekend trip) or individual gifts. It's nice to have something to look forward to in addition to the success of the weight loss itself.

We've also been pricing out treadmills. The weather has been so great the past 2 days, but it is January in Buffalo and I have no doubt that another winter blast is right around the corner. Taking walks in a foot or 2 of snow doesn't exactly appeal to me. Being able to workout in the comfort of my home would be fantastic. Hopefully we'll be able to find something in our price point. :)

That's all for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment