Monday, February 18, 2013

President's Day!

Not sure if I've mentioned that I work at a bank. But, well. I work at a bank. You know those fun little holidays that nobody gets off? I get them off. Woo! Trust me, it's one of FEW perks.

Today is President's Day! And, better news, my husband is NOT in Watertown today! He's working, yes. But nearby(-ish) in Cheektowaga about 45 minutes away. He'll be home for dinner tonight which is super exciting and kind of rare these days. My fingers are still crossed that he'll get out early today but he says it is doubtful. Oh well...

 I woke up at 7 this morning with him when he left for work. I wish I had stayed up and actually started my day at that point because instead, I slept in. No alarm, no intruptions... It was nice, but I woke up at 11. I feel like I wasted a good portion of my day. Worse yet, I'm now dragging. My goal for today was to work on some of my DIY projects I mentioned in an earlier blog. My nearest Michael's is about 1/2 an hour away so I really should be up and moving to get there, get what I need, get home and create. However, I lack the motivation today. I think a nice, fancy dinner and a thorough house cleaning are more my speed today.

Ugh. Why does the weekend go by SO fast?

This past weekend with my husband was wonderful. We had my nieces overnight Friday while my sister and brother-in-law spent some time together as part of their Valentine's Day at the Seneca Niagara Casino. We love having my nieces over because they're just so much fun! We normally try and plan super exciting nights with them, Unfortunately, Friday night they had a friend's birthday party to go to so the majority of the evening was taken up by that. We then took them to Red Lobster for dinner as it is Lent and we couldn't eat meat. What better place to eat seafood than Red Lobster? Haha. The girls just had dessert though since they'd eaten at the party. I thought for sure they'd be sugar-high the rest of the night.... But they clunked out on the way home and went to bed pretty early. My sister arrived around 10am Saturday morning and from there, hubby and I basically spent the day cleaning and cuddled up on the couch.  We had plans to go to Cheesecake Factory for dinner and we were both dressed and ready to go by about 7pm. The wait time was about 1 1/2 hour so it was really late by the time we got in to eat. After dinner Andrew told me he had made other plans for the rest of the evening, but since it was about midnight at that point, we decided just to come home.

Here's a picture of us we took while waiting to get into the restaurant: 
Yesterday we spent pretty much all day relaxing around the house. It was SO nice and definitely something we both needed.

Which brings me to today... I'd been planning to make my hubby a nice Valentine's Day dinner on Thursday. But since... well, you can see what happened in that blog... I didn't get the chance. Today I'm thinking of making what I'd planned for Thursday. Maybe I'll even do the Mission Impossible plan... I want to surprise him. Especially since he's been texting me and it seems like it's been kind of a rough day.

I'm going to get motivated now. Haha. I think I'll go to our local produce/meat market and get some Filet Mignon and maybe asparagus. Mm.

.... Change of plans. As I'm writing this, hubby just walked in the door. He did get out of work early today. BONUS! As unmotivated as I am, he's ready and rearing to get done some of our house projects! We've been discussing putting together a DIY headboard. He said today would be a good day to go to Home Depot/Joanne Fabrics and get the supplies. :) YES!

Promise I'll blog about it as soon as we're getting started. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment