Saturday, August 30, 2014

Goodbye TBC!

After 4, almost 5 years at the Telephone Banking Center, I'm finally moving on to a better job within my bank.  It's bittersweet though because I've met some really incredible people & had some really great experiences. The prospect of leaving has been quite a rollercoaster of emotions... From excitement & gratitude to sadness & nostalgia - It's been an interesting few weeks.

Goodbyes are always hard. This felt a bit like high school graduation. I'm ready to move on, I know what awaits  is going to be better than what I'm leaving behind... but there's still a finality & a sadness to leaving behind what's familiar.

Yesterday I walked into work to find my desk decorated by my boss & a few of my teammates. There were balloons & even zebra-print streamers! It made me all teary-eyed. Apparently, they'd spent the night before working on decorating after I left at 5. Quite a fun surprise to walk into.


 

There was plenty of hugging, plenty of reminiscing, well-wishes & congratulations. I found myself thinking back to when I began my journey at the bank & remembering how grateful I was for the kindness of my coworkers. They've been such a blessing to me & I have been enriched by knowing them.

Did I mention there was cake? My boss bought Chocolate-Peanut Butter Cake. It was divine! I'm pretty sure it was the best "Goodbye-Cake" in all the world. :-) It's also pretty photogenic. See for yourself --


Monday is Labor Day so I will start my new position in my new center on Tuesday. I'm equal parts excited & nervous. I've been waiting for a few years now to finds a position that'll better suit me, offer me more opportunities & give me the chance to gain experience. This is definitely what I've been waiting for. I'm so grateful that I've been given this chance. I know I'll meet new, amazing people. Plus, this new center is only 20 minutes from my job so it beats the heck out of my current commute (1 hour... On a good day, in good weather...) This is definitely going to be a blessing for me. I can't wait to start! 


No comments:

Post a Comment