Sunday, October 20, 2013

Becoming the Breen's: To My Husband on Our Anniversary

Andrew,

A year ago we stood at the altar & vowed our lives to each other through good times & bad. The past 365 days we've faced quite a bit of both. But through each & every obstacle, you & I have been strong. I've never loved you more. You've been such a rock for me on days when I honestly didn't think I'd be able to go on. You make me laugh on a daily basis & nobody could ever understand me the way that you do. It's been a crazy year. One of so many ups & downs. I'm so glad that you are the one I get to have beside me on this crazy, insane journey!

I don't know how I ever gave myself credit for living before you came around. You've made me feel so alive. Finally, I'm living the life I'd always hoped I would & I'm becoming the person I always prayed I'd be. Sure, we've got a TON to learn, a whole bunch of growing to do & there are definitely things we still want to work for. But, babe, we have each other. That REALLY is all we need. As long as I get to wake up beside you & close my eyes with you at night... Well, I can't think of a single thing more important than that.

I find it so amazing that you've been my best friend for 8 years & my love interest for nearly 6 & I STILL learn new things about you all the time. Your little quirks never cease to amaze & entertain me! I love how you watch TCM & all the shows in black & white... Including old romances. I love the silly things you say in your sleep & how sometimes you say my name & "I love you." I love how well you take care of me when I'm sick. I love the way you laugh at my jokes when nobody else finds me particularly funny. I'm so proud of the hard work you put into getting this new job. You've done so well trying hard to provide the things we need as a family. I'm grateful for the way you held my hand & kissed my tears away during that terrible, terrible morning in May when we lost our baby. I'm grateful for the tears you cried beside me after hearing the sad news. I'm glad for the thousands of text messages we exchanged while you were working out of town & the whispered Skype conversations from your hotel room. I love the way you tell me I'm beautiful every single day... No matter what I'm wearing. You have this incredible way of making me feel SO special. I absolutely, positively LOVE being in love with you. I always have & I always will.

This year has gone by so fast. It's crazy to think that all those incredible wedding memories we've laughed about are one year-old today. It seems like only yesterday that I held your hand on the altar & promised to love you always. That's always been the funny thing about our relationship though... Time passes & nothing changes. We're still at heart the goofy, spontaneous, crazy-in-love teenagers we were when we fell in love.

Babe, no amount of time with you will make me feel like I've had enough. But I hope that the rest of our lives will be a sufficient start. We can follow that up with whatever comes next. :-)

Happy Anniversary, Handsome!
I'll always, always love you. To infinity & beyond. ;-)





No comments:

Post a Comment