Sunday, July 28, 2013

Catch Up

Hello, there!

This past week has been absolutely crazy. I've been working quite a bit more than usual & it's been really exhausting. But sometimes busy feels good! The past few weeks I've felt a sense of purpose that I haven't felt in a really long time. I couldn't be more excited about the opportunities I've had & continue to have. I look forward to proving my value in the coming weeks.

But, besides that...

I haven't been blogging like I'd hoped to. I'm seriously, SERIOUSLY trying to do this on the regular. When I started this blog, I'd hoped to write entry after entry jam-packed with fun, quirky details & projects. What I've ended up with is a glamorized journal & I'm sorry because that's lame. BUT, I've been through things this past year that I never thought I would. So, onward, eh?

The next new adventure in our lives, HOMEOWNERSHIP!

This will likely be a long, drawn-out process. We're in the very early stages of house hunting but we both feel it's time to start looking elsewhere. We love our duplex, our current location & the amenities we've gotten so used to, but we're ready for our own slice of the world. We've enjoyed making this place "ours" so much over the last year & 1/2 but there's only so much you can do when you don't own the place. We're looking forward to the day when we have our own place where we can make our own changes without having to get permission from a landlord. (Examples: Landscaping, painting, changing light fixtures, bathroom/kitchen remodeling...) There's just so many things we want to DO.

We've spent the last few weeks discussing our options, looking at listings online & considering our finances. We've seen some really beautiful houses on the market, but we've realized that with almost every single house there was SOMETHING we're not crazy about. Andrew & I are both pretty particular about the things we'd like & considering we plan to live in our new house for the rest of our lives... We want this to be everything we want.

So we ended up with one real solution & we're seriously considering that option right now -- Building a house.

We've talked about building a house since we got engaged, but never have we TRULY looked into doing it. At this point we're trying to figure out a location because we plan on having children & want them in a good school district. Plus, we're not "city" people & want something rural enough to be quiet with a fair amount of open space. We want a big yard on a road with little traffic. I'm not a fan of having neighbors right on top of us, so we plan to consider that while shopping for property.

There's just so much to this process & we know that we're just beginning. Likely, we won't be living in our new house any time in the next year. Maybe not even next. We're starting out & making a plan! It's really such a relief to know that we're on our way to finding the place that will someday be our home. <3





No comments:

Post a Comment