Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th of July!

First, I'll apologize. I was in such a rush yesterday that I failed to get ANY pictures of the dinner I made for our little "3rd of July" party. & the menu ended up being completely different than expected. My niece spent the day with us & the majority of my afternoon/evening was spent entertaining her so I had little time to prep dinner. I decided to go with my "go-to" meal & just made goulash. I DID make flavored water! No Sangria, but it did have blueberries & strawberries! It was pretty & after a few hours in the fridge, nice and fruity! That's about as far as I went with my patriotics. It was a nice idea! Maybe next year with a bit more prep.

Anyway, today was a wonderful day. The forecast called for gray skies & rain, but there was lots of sunshine & a light breeze. My aunt threw a lovely party & we spent the evening on the deck chatting with my parents, cousins, aunts, uncles & grandparents. The food was great & the company was wonderful. I always enjoy catching up with the family! As the sun began to set. Andrew and I decided to head out so that we could catch the fireworks in Outwater Park. We JUST made it as the first few fireworks made their way into the sky. We laid our blanket down under a tree, snuggled together & "Oooo-ed" & "Ahhh-ed" with the crowd. The night air was comfortable & there was a light breeze, just a perfectly comfortable evening under the stars. The firework display was beautiful & we were REALLY impressed with the variety! It was just a perfect 4th of July!

As we pulled into the garage while discussing our day & evening, I said a little prayer of gratitude for the blessing my husband is to me. It just means the world to me that he's so willing to be a part of my family & that my family loves him as much they do. He's an amazing man & I feel so lucky. Watching him hang out with my cousins & uncles makes me smile. He just fits in like he's been in the family forever.... & really, after 6 years, I guess he almost has. Haha.

It's been a long, wonderful day & it's time to get some sleep. I have a feeling that after all the sun, walking, delicious food & excitement I'll be sleeping REALLY good tonight!

I hope you had an amazing day! Happy 4th of July, everyone! <3




No comments:

Post a Comment