Saturday, April 5, 2014

Questionnaire!


Happy Saturday!

I've realized that since I mostly post about things that have happened & little about myself, it's time I share a bit more about me. I considered doing this in just paragraph form, but it sounded so awkward & I'm awful at talking about myself in essay form.... So, here's my in detail About Me in Q/A form. :-)

Just a thought -- This quirky Q/A would be fun to use in social environments for friends or spouses! I've always been into Q/A "Getting to Know You" exercises. If you're like me, feel free to use some of these questions the next time you want to get to know someone!

Do you play a musical instrument, if so which one(s)? A bit of piano & I played clarinet for 6 years.... I haven't played it in as many years though.

What is most memorable about your high school years? I learned a lot of lessons. I made some lifelong friends & I met my husband! Not to mention I got to sing, act & go to tons of sporting events... & I didn't pay taxes. So much fun, so little responsibility.

Where do you want to retire? My grandparents retired to Florida & they love it. I've always pictured us retiring to Florida as well. But I love California so much too so I wouldn't be upset with moving to SoCal!

Where would you live if you could live anywhere? The South/South West. I hate winter. But I LOVE Buffalo too much. Plus the vast majority of my family lives in WNY. Andrew & I talk about moving, but I don't know if I could ever actually pull it off. Haha.

Where is the best vacation you've ever had? La Jolla, California! Our unexpected little honeymoon!

Where would you like to visit someday? Europe! Specifically Italy, Ireland & France. So much history, so much beauty!

Who is your best friend? My husband. My sister. My high school best friend.

Who are your favorite musicians? The Beatles, Billy Joel & Elton John, Ingrid Michaelson.

Who were your biggest influences growing up? My grandmothers.

What are you most grateful for? My happy marriage. My health. My family.

What do you most often pray for? Family, my husband, a healthy pregnancy/baby.

How do you want to be remembered? I want to be remembered as someone who was a great wife & hopefully mom & someone who loved deeply & openly.

What material possession do you treasure most? My wedding ring. It is so sentimental to me. It represents our marriage & the vows we took. Plus every time I look down at my engagement ring, I go back to the amazing day when Andrew asked me to be his wife.

What was your favorite subject in school? History & English! Reading has always been a favorite pastime of mine & both subjects required a whole lot of reading.

What is your favorite season and why? Fall. It's beautiful. Plus, apple cider, pumpkins, hay rides, haunted houses, our anniversary, cool (but not freezing cold) temperatures FOOTBALL season! .... Just the best season ever!

What is your favorite home cooked meal? I'd have to say a nice, juicy steak from the charcoal grill with baked potato! Mm. Or, if I'm being healthy, stuffed portobello mushrooms.

What is your favorite sport to watch? Football! Go Bills! Football is always made better by AMAZING appetizers & game day food! 

What is your favorite meal to splurge calories on? Five Guys Burgers! Mmm. Or for a nice night our with my husband, my favorite local restaurant is Mericana in Lockport.

What is your favorite time of day? Evenings with my husband. I love having him home & eating dinner together. Plus, our "couch time" is the most relaxing part of my day!

What is your favorite color? Red & I'm also strangely attracted to gray. This obsession with gray & red really comes through in my decorating!

How many siblings do you have? 4 siblings, 3 sisters & a brother + 3 step brothers. It's always a full house!

Which Pinterest Board Do You Post to Most Often? Lately it's been my "La Casa de Breen" board which is primarily ideas for our future houses. I'm obsessed with house-related stuff these days! I absolutely CANNOT wait for the day when we get to build/buy our dream house! We really enjoy DIY projects & I love decorating so a new house is literally like a creative goldmine to me!

Have you ever been in a musical drama or play? Lots. I loved theatre & plays as a teen. I did a whole bunch of plays & musicals through my school & the community theatre. I miss it so much & hope that someday I'll be able to get back into it!

What Is Something You Hope to Achieve in 10 years? Buy a house. Have a baby or 2. Get a new job.

If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be? This one! 24 is great. I'm young enough to have fun & feel justified in my spontaneous, silly ideas but old enough to be taken seriously. There's so many years ahead of us & the future is an open book! It's just such an exciting age, full of possibility!

I love questionnaires! Not only are the informational, but they're also pretty fun to answer!

Briefly, on an unrelated note, I'm working hard on the functionality of the blog. As much as I loved the look of the blog before, it was cramped, hard to read & a bit lacking in accessibility. Hopefully the upgrades & the hours of work I've put into it will help! I've got a few recipes/DIY projects lined up so hopefully there will be lots happening here within the next few weeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment